We were so happy to celebrate Evelyn’s 99th birthday at River Glen!
After the festivities of this big day, we received this lovely letter from Evelyn’s daughter:
What an absolutely beautiful 99th birthday celebration day my mother had today.
Thank you so very much for making this all possible!!!! Thank you for all the things you did to make is special!!!!
My family cannot stop talking about how wonderful my mother looked today, she was just glowing with happiness and pride.
She sure had a full day and it will be a day we will all remember.
What we now look forward to next year when we can plan her 100th birthday celebration!!!!
Again, we are truly grateful for having this opportunity to celebrate mom’s birthday with her.
Federal and state governments are releasing plans to reopen the economy to essential business. While this is an encouraging sign to our country’s response to COVID-19, please know this process will be taken thoughtfully at River Glen of St. Charles. We will implement a three-phased approach when reopening our community. Decisions for each phase will be based on state and regional criteria, advice from public health officials, and the health status of our community.
We are all looking forward to the day when we can resume our lives as a community and gather with our friends, yet the health and safety of our residents and employees must remain our highest priority. From the beginning, we have taken on this challenge as a marathon rather than a sprint. There are no short cuts or easy answers to how we reduce our risk to COVID-19 and it’s as important as ever that we continue to remain focused on protecting ourselves and supporting each other.
In the upcoming weeks, and until further notice, River Glen of St. Charles will continue to follow the heightened precautionary measures currently in place. These practices include following social distancing protocol and restricting non-essential visitors. We understand the risks posed to our community from COVID-19 and remain committed to our processes. We’ll only begin to shift our protocols after we know our community is no longer at risk, and with careful consideration of the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and local and state health departments. As the situation develops, and we make changes to our protocols, residents, employees and families will be notified first —but to reiterate, we will not be modifying our precautionary measures at this time.
Thank you for your patience, your support, and for embodying that hopeful spirit that River Glen of St. Charles is known for as we continue to navigate this process together. For detailed information regarding our community policies and updates to our reopening efforts, please contact our community directly. For more information regarding the national response efforts taken by LCS communities, visit https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/.
We want to appreciate all of our community partners! From our local hospital, Northwestern Medical Delnor Hospital, to our visiting physicians and therapists. Thank you to the trucks that deliver the food to our door and the police and fire department for always being at the ready. To the local skilled nursing facilities we work with as we care for our community and the community-at-large that remembers all of the wonderful people who live and work at River Glen, thank you. We look forward to open doors and warm hugs again soon!
After careful consideration for the health and safety of residents, employees, and family members, our community amended its visitor policy on Monday, March 16, and is restricting visitors from entering our community.
Please bookmark the LCS website for future updates and information regarding our community COVID-19 response and prevention measures already implemented, such as:
- Educating all staff and residents in social distancing guidelines
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and disinfecting common community areas
- Implementing temporary visitor restrictions, including deliveries
- Canceling on-site large group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing and executing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents and employees to reschedule travel plans and remain in our community
- Deploying an updated visitor advisory for communities and to campus
- Coordinating best practices across the broad, LCS partner network
- Making the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all employees
All future updates regarding the COVID-19 response, including visitor policies, social distancing guidelines, and prevention recommendations, can be found here. LCS has also opened a national hotline for information. Call 855-998-4934. For local information about our community, please use (630) 443-8220.
Hello River Glen of St. Charles community,
The health and safety of residents living in our community is our top priority, and we are closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding the coronavirus (COVD-19). We understand that COVID-19 is on everyone’s mind, and we want to be communicative and transparent in the steps River Glen of St. Charles is taking to prepare our community during this unprecedented event. Our team has been working tirelessly to prepare for possible scenarios related to COVID-19.
We’ve developed a series of precautionary steps that our community is implementing to help reduce everyone’s risk of COVID-19. Additionally, you can access updates at the following website.
Our community is:
- Continuing to follow the guidance from both the CDC and local health authorities
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing common community areas
- Encouraging a temporary reduction in visitation and deliveries
- Reducing on-site group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents to communicate any travel plans
- Coordinating best practices and across our large partner network
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all residents
According to the CDC, many of our residents are at a higher risk for serious illness, and we’re providing all residents and their families with the most up-to-date guidance from the CDC and local health officials on the steps they can take to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
We are strongly encouraging all our residents to follow the CDC’s guidelines for individuals at higher risk, which includes:
- Avoiding crowds and large social gatherings
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting personal spaces
- Avoiding touching your face
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay in your residence if you are showing flu-like symptoms or are sick with respiratory illness, including fever, and coughing
These are simple yet important steps that we should all be taking to protect ourselves and our community.
Our teams are staying in communication with local health officials and will share regular updates on COVID-19. For more the most up to date information and personal health recommendations, please visit the websites below:
Updates from LCS: https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/
COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
What To Do If You Think You Are Sick:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
We are following guidelines put forth by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Illinois Department of Public Health IDPH) and Life Care Services, our management company. We will now be implementing several extra health measures to protect our residents, staff and others entering our community. Effective tonight, March 12, 2020 at 8:00 PM, River Glen will be closed to visitors. The only people who will be allowed in the building will be staff and those that are medically necessary (like doctor’s visits, PT, etc.). Please see the attached letter with further details.
If you do your loved one’s laundry, drop off medications, etc., you can still do that. However, you will be stopped at the front door. We will pick up and drop off the items to the apartment on your behalf and bring them to you at the front door.
Please also note that we are changing all exterior locks on the building. Once this restriction is lifted by IDPH, we will provide you with updates on when we will return the front entrance to the Entrance key.
For your reference, the link below is the CDC’s recommendations for those at high risk, which includes our seniors:
Thank you all for your understanding as we carry out this mandate.
The health, safety and well-being of our residents, employees and families is always a priority at our community. With the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news and in the minds of many, we want to address actions, which are taking place related to this concern.
Some of the actions we are addressing include:
- Consistent updates and communication to those who live and work at the community.
- Evidence-based precautions that align with guidelines provided by the CDC.
- Reviewing emergency preparedness and response measures in the event that a virus impacts our community or the surrounding area.
- Changes to our travel and visitation guidelines for all employees, partners and guests.
We are closely monitoring local, state and federal health agencies to ensure we can respond quickly and effectively to protect our community and mitigate risks of an outbreak.
We will continue to remain vigilant in our efforts to preserve the health and safety of our community.
If you have questions, concerns or need more information, please contact RiverGlenStCharlesLIFE@RiverGlenStCharles.com at (630) 443-8220.