River Glen of St. Charles offers a warm, home-like environment designed to care for and nurture residents who are experiencing memory loss and dementia including Alzheimer’s disease. Most residents transition from our independent townhomes or assisted living care, but there are occasional openings for individuals from the community at large.
Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program®
For individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia, Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program® promotes physical and emotional well-being, supports daily functioning and maintains a sense of satisfaction, dignity and quality of life.
Best of all, it gives back the control you lost when your loved one was diagnosed with memory loss. You can get back to being who your loved one wants you to be: a daughter, a son, a grandchild or a spouse again.
Agitation – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Bathing – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Communication – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Exercise – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Hallucinations – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Rummaging – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Sundowning – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Wandering – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
The environment is a secure, warm and caring place, designated for resident safety.
- Staff are with residents 24 hours each day.
- Personalized care plans promote dignity, independence and prolong daily functioning
- The entire staff (including housekeeping and dining services) receives training in dementia care
- Licensed nurses oversee and pass medications
- Certified Nurse’s Aides (CNAs) assist with personal care
Services & Amenities
Staff share conversations, encourage appetites and provide assistance to help residents maintain their grace and dignity.
- Three daily meals served family-style to promote socialization and good nutrition
- Stimulating activities designed with the residents’ interests and abilities in mind
- Supervision and assistance with mobility and activities to ensure safety
- Cozy living and activity areas for family visits, exercise, singing, favorite old movies and more
- A secure courtyard, porch swing and screened gazebo welcome residents outdoors