River Glen of St. Charles offers a warm, home-like environment designed to care for and nurture residents who are experiencing memory loss and dementia including Alzheimer’s disease. Most residents transition from our independent townhomes or assisted living care, but there are occasional openings for individuals from the community at large.
Heartfelt Connections – A Memory Care Program®
The trademarked Heartfelt Connections – A Memory Care Program at River Glen offers people with memory loss the care, respect and daily life loved ones want for them. This person-centered, activity-focused philosophy and continuum of care is grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain are far more important than what is lost.
We capture a lasting legacy of details about each resident using reminiscence tools customized for us, then apply the insights gained from each life story to individualized programming. At the heart of it all is a program that promotes physical and emotional well-being, prolongs daily functioning and maintains a sense of purpose, satisfaction, dignity and quality of life.
Our memory care program stems from each unique life story. We learn each resident’s background and preferences beginning with our Roundtable introduction. We utilize Life Bio· reminiscence tools, customized specifically for us to help loved ones capture a lasting legacy of details about each resident’s family, friends, career, hobbies, likes and dislikes. Memories fade, but we know those past relationships and experiences continue to shape our residents’ lives each and every day.
The environment is a secure, warm and caring place, designated for resident safety.
- Staff are with residents 24 hours each day.
- Personalized care plans promote dignity, independence and prolong daily functioning
- The entire staff (including housekeeping and dining services) receives training in dementia care
- Licensed nurses oversee and pass medications
- Certified Nurse’s Aides (CNAs) assist with personal care
Services & Amenities
Staff share conversations, encourage appetites and provide assistance to help residents maintain their grace and dignity.
- Three daily meals served family-style to promote socialization and good nutrition
- Stimulating activities designed with the residents’ interests and abilities in mind
- Supervision and assistance with mobility and activities to ensure safety
- Cozy living and activity areas for family visits, exercise, singing, favorite old movies and more
- A secure courtyard, porch swing and screened gazebo welcome residents outdoors